Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tick Tock Kitties

Josette here with my Tuesday installment.  Sometimes, you just don't know what to make.  I was playing with my piccolo's and embossing them with different powders, when I thought about time and cats looking at the moon.  Not sure why I thought of that, but my blog is about little bits of inspiration, so this is a good example.
So here it is.  Cute, maybe but interesting yes.   This is a very simple card, A2 in size.  Primarily made with piccalos that have been embossed with different powders, mounted on dimensional and those cute cats colored with Copics.  A couple of ribbons, voila!! a Card.

So, let me tell you about the design and what techniques I used as there are some hidden treasures here.  The first one is the background paper.    I started with an embossing folder and waxed paper.  Then I ran two pieces of card stock with the wax paper in the middle through my MINC and inked it with Distress Inks and a dauber.  If you visit my Blog: Wax Paper Technique, I discuss the whole process with up close photos.

Next I embossed  the Piccolos: Vintage Clock with various powders.  The Frame: REAL_RUST
The Clock and Swirls: VINTAGE_GOLD.  These are all popped up on using dimensionals.  The stamp set is: What's new Pussycat?  It's a party time is from an unknown source that was embossed in gold.  Matt is a brown card base and a bronze and Rust colored ribbon completes the pictures.

Well that is all for today,
Stop back next week for more MINC techniques using Sweet Stamp products.

Happy Crafting,
Josette

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, I love the enameled piccolo pieces with the 2 cats, looks like they're watching time pass. Wonderful background piece too.