Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Faux Enamel Number Plates


Hello again. Teresa here - with another very simple idea today. 

I love these vintage number plates. I've seen them all over the place - labeling drawers, boxes, even as house numbers. 

When I saw the rectangular piccolo and the 3D enamel paints, I quickly decided to see if I could recreate this look. I am very please with how this turned out. 




The above picture is just one of SEVERAL that I have collected as inspiration.

So like always, let's gather.



You will need
- Rectangle Bezels
- Deep Red 3D Enamel  
- Cream 3D Enamel

I printed the numbers in a font I loved simply using my word processor.



Using this tutorial, I transferred the graphic to my bezel. (yes I again cut off the ring tab) 



Using the cream 3D Gel and a Fine Applicator Tip, I filled the graphic in.



Let this dry completely. I waited over night. 



Now fill the bezel completely with the Red 3D Gel. 

Let dry completely.

That's it. Your Faux Enamel Number plate is ready to glue to a great surface or card front. 


Hope you all have a wonderful day.